this was taken from charity/nat. republish at your leisure, with yr own answers. it'll be a window into yr soul.
1. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship?
2. When was the last time you shaved?
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
still in bed, listening to the radio
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
listening to a compilation on the ibook
5. Are you any good at math?
probably, but i don't get enough practice in the high-end meat and potatoes crap. algebra-y crap i'm ok with
6. What did you do on your prom night?
dinner at bombay palace, then the dance. where i acted like an ass. i dunno, it was a bad night for me. oddly enough, bombay palace was once this amazing once-in-a-blue-moon indian restaurant, then i started working over by the galleria and i would meet harry for dinner over there pretty regularly and go with shawn from work for lunch buffet, which kinda sullied what was once a double-special rare treat.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
my mom says sam houston somewhere... but whatever. the folks i know are famous enough
8. Have you ever taken out a loan to pay for school?
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?
no song on my myspace profile
10. Last thing received in the mail?
snail mail spam. apparently i'm approved for a variety of crap.
11. How many different beverages have you drank today?
in no partic order: water, iced tea, diet coke, a pisco sour at lunch , a tecate, guiness
12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines?
yes. it can get depressing when they don't call back. also sometimes when they do.
13. Who did you lose your concert virginity to?
europe, as in "the final countdown" tour. fuck off, i was living in norway -- i was lucky it wasn't singing snow.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
sure. been a while since i've been, but i've done that.
15. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
i had my wisdom teeth out when i was little and remember that hurt pretty bad. i got to eat ice cream for a day or two and my grandparents bought me star wars toys (dagobah playset), so it all balanced out. recently i had a tooth pulled out and a metal implant socket drilled into my jaw (with the implant intalled), pretty sure that hurt like a motherfuck but i was all knocked out at the time. i was groggy and sore for a couple of days afterwards.
16. What is out your back door?
no back door where i live.
17. Any plans for Friday night?
i had some that i was really looking forward to, but they got postponed, so i got sad and went out for drinks and ridiculousness with lovely friends.
18. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
sure. all that saltwater seaweed crap makes it look x-tra thick, no complaints
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn?
sure. for christmas. from cheap fuck relatives. memo to them: skip my gift next year, it's just insulting.
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
oh yeah. laser floyd, baby.
please kill me that i've seen that.
21. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
22. Some things you are excited about?
the english premiere league. la primera división de méxico. college football season. friends moving back. seeing other friends i haven't seen in months/weeks/days. seeing movies. seeing bands. reading books. learning more about different career areas that i might enjoy moving into. mysteries of the universe. getting my spanish back up to code. waking up tomorrow.
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
red, i guess.
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive?
no, sorry. not since i was 6
25. Describe your key chain:
key fob from work. "stop: strong badia" key chain. keys.
26. Where do you keep your change?
in the white maneki neko, in the gold maneki neko, and in the change holder in the car.
27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
recently, i'm pretty sure.
28. What kind of winter coat do you have?
a couple. a few fleeces, one helly hansen jacket with no hood (w/ insulation) -- i lost my old hh w/ a hood but no insulation (it was great for seattle and good for texas as well)--, an old eddie bauer jacket that gets the job done (from like '93). the cat peed on my motorcycle jacket 2 summers ago, so that's gone.
29. What was the weather like on your high school graduation day?
hot i think. i don't remember much. wait... it was overcast. muggy. i remember having lunch at a tex mex restaurant with my family that afternoon, my great aunt roberta especially. she was truly a love, may she rest in peace.
30. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
open, so the cats don't get the fuck on my nerves and so they can go to the bathroom if they need to.
one of the high points of my recent trip out to the bay area was hanging out at the hemlock tavern with helen back, et al. - and i started talking to these guys brent and his cousin... [??] who was on leave from the navy... or something. the details are a little hazy at this point but i'm pretty sure the cousin was on some sort of military leave and brent was up from so cal for the weekend just to hang out and have a few drinks and we were all on the back porch hanging out and doing just that, having a few drinks.
turns out brent is in a band, destruction's end. a crossover thrash band. who sound pretty good. kinda jfa-y, maybe. or not. and they're coming to austin as a part of their tour this summer, which was one of the things we were talking about. i gave him my email and the plan was that, if they made it to austin, i could come out and see 'em and bring people.
so... everyone who reads this is going to their shows:
destruction's end sat. 8/19 @ 4:00 p.m.@snake eyes vinyl (all times approx - show up early!) 1211 e. 7th st austin, tx 78702
destruction's end w/ rabies, condemned unit, the runnamucks, and the brownstars sat. 8/19 @ 9:00 p.m.@ juke's outback (all times approx - show up early!) 3404 pennsylvania ave (off e. 12th between springdale and airport) austin, tx 78721
do your part to support the scene. or, the part of the scene that supports touring bands that aren't per se part of the scene. or destruction end's scene in l.a. look, just make up a scene, put destruction's end in it somewhere, and support the shit out of it! make one show if you can't make the other.